Thursday, August 21, 2008

Heard at my house

Setting: Driving in the car to finally get our Abeka

Players: My 4yo son C and my 7yo daughter A

C: A, I love you, and some day I think I'll marry you.

A: You can't. I'm WAY too old for you. And besides, I'm your sister.

C: Well, then who can I marry?

A: Not a sister.

C: Fine. I'll marry cousin C.

A: No. She's still related. And she's even older than I am.

C: But I don't know who to marry. It has to be a girl and it has to be a Christian. Who do I know like that?

Me: Don't worry about it. As you get older and it is time to start thinking about it Daddy and I will pray with you that the Lord will show you just the right girl to marry.

C: But do we know any girls that are Christians that I'm not related to?

Me: Well, there is always little K. She's a girl and she's a Christian.

A: Yah, and she's younger than you.

C: Okay then. That's it. When I get older I'll marry K.

Me: sigh. If only it was that easy.

No comments: