Thursday, January 4, 2007

Hearing What Exactly?

For all of you who are with baited breath waiting to know what kinds of things I know are in the Word that I've heard, but am not heeding....here's some of those 'small things' I should try to be faithful in for now. Oh if only they were truly small. For to read them and memorize them is quite simple. To do them is a life long process. Here are some that I trip over quite frequently. (And if my dear father-in-law is reading this: I know you and mom have likely seen and heard me wrestle with these character traits in person....lucky you! )

Phil. 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I will say, Rejoice!
1 Thess. 5:16-18 Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Eph. 4:29 Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear.
1 Tim.3:11 Women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things.
2 Tim. 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and discipline.

So as you can see, although I trust that the Lord will continue to guide and direct me and speak to me while I'm on this journey, I also know that I have enough to hear and heed in this few verses alone wihtout worrying about 'what else' I might hear today.

Thank You Lord for Your written Word; for its clarity, its applicability, and its difficult simplicity.

No comments: