Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wow-ful Women Wednesdays

Everytime I hear the opening strains to this song, I feel like throwing open the windows, dancing in my living room, and singing into a hairbrush. Or going on a road trip. Or studying 18th century British Literature which is what I spent most of my time doing when I listened to this song "back in the day". That fact is what caused me to smile at the lyric, "I spent 4 years prostrate to the higher mind, got my paper and I was free." Nice. Except I only spent 3 and 1/2 years and the paper I left with was a marriage certificate....no complaints over here. I'm a much better housewife than thespian. :-)

So you need to know that I really enjoy this song. However, there is a whole lot of "world view selling" going on here that I can't buy. I've written a few of my thoughts here if you'd like to get my inside scoop on what this song is missing.

But for now, enjoy this great piece of music, with brilliant vocals, fantastic harmonies, and a melody that just puts a smile in my heart.

Closer To Fine -- The Indigo Girls

No comments: