Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wow-ful Women Wednesdays (kind of...)

I have been diligently reading Unceasing Worship by Harold Best for our Worship Arts family at church. We are all reading this book to get us on the same page or at least asking the same questions.

This morning I was challenged by the call to see witnessing as life. I should back up. The premise of the book, a la Romans 12, is that all of life is an act of worship to someone or something. Now the author is saying that all of life is also a witness to which ever god you worship.

Aha. So I can no longer claim that I do not have the gift of evangelism.

Am I living my life in such a way that all of my being, thoughts, actions, expenditures of time and money, attitudes, and desires testify to Christ? Can the watching world know, just by looking, that I serve a different Master? A good and loving Master? An all-powerful, entirely worthy, sovereign Master?

My selection today comes with a paranthesis. There are two incredibly wow-ful women in this ensemble, but they are not highlighted so well. Still, in light of what I am working through this week, no other song seemed to fit quite so well.

Here is Testify to Love by Avalon. All of earthly creation points to Christ. Do I?



All the colors of the rainbow
All of voices of the wind
Every dream that reaches out
That reaches out to find where love begins
Every word of every story
Every star in every sky
Every corner of creation lives to testify

For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough
With every breath I take I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love

From the mountains to the valleys
From the rivers to the sea
Every hand that reaches out
Every hand that reaches out to offer peace
Every simple act of mercy
Every step to kingdom come
All the Hope in every heart will speak what love has done

Colors of the rainbow
Voices of the wind
Heaven reaches out where love begins
Word of every story
Star in every sky
All creation testify

Mountains to the valleys
Rivers to the sea
Heaven reaches out to offer peace
Simple act of mercy
Kingdom come
Every heart will speak what love has done

2 comments:

Lindy said...

this song nearly always gives me goose bumps.

halfpint said...

What you are saying goes right along with a book I am reading right now by Elizabeth Elliott. It's called 'A Chance To Die' and is about the life of Amy Carmicheal. From what I have read so far her whole life was a witness to Him. :) Another wow-ful woman.