Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wow-ful Women Wednesdays

I have just been offline for 4 days. It wasn't fun. We've been having our share of complications with the Internet since January, but I'm not bitter. :-)

The long and the short of it is, while I was bemoaning my inability to change my Facebook status and respond to email, my daughter came up with the helpful idea of "Why don't you just call everybody that you think *might* email you and tell them that the computer is all messed up and that they should call you instead."

clever.

So clearly I didn't do that. But it did trigger the perfect song for today, now that I am back on line.

Today we are watching Blondie singing "Call Me" (of course we are!). You need to know that I watched 3 versions of this song on YouTube, and yes there were more. I settled on this version though because it has great implications for all of us who stand in front of the church and sing on occassion.

First, I want you to notice how entirely inappropriate her outfit is for the song selection (now I sound like Simon Cowell). Blondie looks like she is going to sing "His Eye is on the Sparrow" but then she busts out with this.

Plus, notice how awkward she looks during the big instrumental. Been there, done that. Do I stand with my eyes closed enjoying the music? Do I try to twirl around? Do I bust a move or scamper to some other part of the stage for the next big down beat? Do I hope that Derek has some funky light function that makes it look like I'm in a Kaleidoscope? What to do? What to do, indeed.

While I mull over thesse life altering questions, enjoy this blast from the past. And remember, if I ever don't change my status for more than 36 hours, something is wrong and you should probably just Call Me! :-)

1 comment:

halfpint said...

This lady has some serious hair issues..... those bangs must be tickling her face eh? Jer and I listen to a cheesy Hamilton station in the mornings (just for the local weather mind you). Little did I know that I could have aspired to a music career! (if the junk we hear is any indication of how qualified you have to be.) Seriously, anyone with a voice at all is on there. Talent is hard to find. Now a Josh Grobin voice....that's worth listening to :)