Monday, February 22, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook




Outside My Window... Still pretty pitch black out there.

I am Thinking... about my good weekend, and hoping to carry that optimism into the coming week.

I am Thankful For... a husband who went for a run with me yesterday (even though I *really* didn't want to) and for his pushing me to run just a little farther than I meant to so that I can now say I have run 6.3km in a row, without stopping, for the first time in my life!

From the Kitchen... coffee, but no cream in the fridge, so a spoonful (or 4!) of hot chocolate mix stirred in to get my brain functioning.

I am Wearing... a groovy, funky, soft and sleak, and fluffy poncho thing that my mom knit for me several years ago that simultaneously makes me feel sophisticated and like curling up for a nap.

I am Creating... some kids with really weird senses of humour!

I am Going... to need to hurry and finish this blog because the kids are all awake!

I am Reading... The Brothers Karamazov and can't put it down. And realizing I totally would have skipped over hundreds of pages of it if I ever had to read it in a school course.

I am Hoping... to finally get lyrics to this song I'm trying to write. Seriously about to throw it out the window! :-)

I am Hearing... a remarkable peace and quiet in a house of this many children.

Around the house... laundry day!

One of my favourite things... seeing my husband and oldest girl enjoy a cup of tea and bible study together on the couch.

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week... a lovely dinner guest, a trip to the library, and lots of laughter (hopefully!)

A Picture thought I'm Sharing...(wistfully waiting for a spring day like this!)

1 comment:

halfpint said...

Great on all counts! (except maybe the hot choc mixed with coffee? I've never tried it though. Way to go on your run!I am proud of you. I took J3 on a bit different route and wore the poor kid out. You shine a light into my dark places :) thanks for sharing.hugs, L. p.s I haven't increased my mileage really, guess I should join you and Chris to go farther!