Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wow-ful Women Wednesdays

Natalie Grant? Again? Oh yes. I really think this woman has the most stunning voice and such a range of styles of music she can pull off really convincingly, which says to me, that she really appreciates the complexities of many styles of music. That, to me, says a lot about a musician. Love it.

However, today's song choice is so much more about message. And truthfully, when I first heard this song on the radio, I understood the message much differently than is presented by the visuals in the video. So maybe listen once with eyes closed ad once with eyes open to see what story you would put to the words.

There are many folks in my life right now who are in very complicated places emotionally. These families and individuals are looking to the Lord for their strength and their hope in seemingly impossible situations. Heartbreak of every kind. And yet in it, they are saying, "Still, I believe God is good. I believe God is in control. I believe we'll get through this."

On the other hand, there are many folks in my life who are on the other side of it. They've come through the fire, shining like Silver, and saying, "See, God is good. God always was in control. He got us through it."

Whichever side of a trial you stand on today, here is the truth you need to hear: in God's hands, in the loving arms of Jesus, is the only rest and hope and strength that will not fail.

1 comment:

halfpint said...

I was laying reading a book yesterday(yes, it's true ;) Abby was laying with me and I was really touched by the depth of loss people must feel who deal with abortion. I couldn't believe what they have missed by not knowing their child and the heartbreak of regret. Ah life. Thanks for the song. I tried it both ways and can see what you mean. Better hands indeed, thankfully.