Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - What's In A Name?
I remember one time several years ago, when my husband and I were facing many questions and decisions with regards to the direction our family was to take. As I sat down to pray and hear from the Lord, I felt that I was supposed to read 2 Samuel 5:16. At the time it seemed like a strange a book to turn to, but I was hopeful for an answer from the Lord.

My countenance fell as I read the text: "Elishama, Eliada, and Eliphelet". Three names? That's it? That was no answer. So I closed my Bible believing I had misheard the Lord. But still it wouldn't go away. There lingered a feeling that there was something for me to understand and learn from that passage. So, I found those names in my husband's concordance. What a surprise to find the meanings of those names to be "The Lord hears, the Lord knows, the Lord will deliver".

What a flood of tears as I was comforted by my Father. He did not give me the plan, did not show me the next step. But He did remind me that He had not forgotten us.

Now that is fuel for a good fire.

No comments: