Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Kick in the Pants

Sometimes what we need in life is a good kick in the pants. You know what I mean? So often I know exactly what I am called to do, I just resist doing it. Not that I don't want to do it. I actually really love the things the Lord has called me to do. I just don't want to do ANYTHING. So to procrastinate in doing the good things I'm called to, I consider "what if I'm missing something?".....It is a great diversion.


In line with that, I have a song to post today. My dear father in law has become hooked on Sara Groves thanks to my diligent brainwashing. He has, however, managed to buy one CD that I do not as yet have. It is her very first album called Past the Wishing, and that title song is what I am posting today.


But I also want to share these lyrics, not just as a reminder to myself to get up and DO IT, but also as a tribute to Neal and Kristina who are really living this song out in my mind. They are begiinning a new adventure, one that is so in line with the things the Lord has skilled and gifted them for, and one that is so definitely past the wishing and on to the acting. So without further ado, Past the Wishing by Sara Groves.


I'm standing at the foot of this mountain
Wishing so bad that I could touch that sky
But in the time it takes to make my wish
I never take a step and I never try



I wish that I were closer to Jesus
But not enough to get me out of bed
For an early morning prayer before the
Rushes of my life take me instead



And I'm Past the Wishing
Past the Wishing
Past the Wishing


I'm gazing in these deep well waters
Where the pennies fo my life have all been cast
I've decided I am going to save my money
To do something that lasts

You've shown me my man of Macedonia
You're calling me further on
And I'm tired of saying it's a nice idea
I wish it could be done


I'm past the Wishing
I'm Past the Wishing
Past the Wishing


I don't wish that I could go, I am going
I don't wish that I could be, I am being
I don't wish that could do it, I am doing
By the Grace of God I am doing.

No comments: