Monday, March 31, 2008

A Great thing to do with Peanut Butter

This may just bump me up a notch or two in Neal's books, but perhaps down several rungs with the rest of you. But in my epicurian desperation today (that just means I was hungry with nothing to eat as I'm going grocery shopping tonight) I discovered a most delectable snack.

I should preface this by saying I really enjoying sneaking the odd spoonful of peanut butter on occassion...right out of the jar, then dipped in to my strawberry jam jar to get a little sweet, protein snack...yum.

However, I had no jam. What to do? I had a lovely jar of Picard's peanut butter (thanks Mom P.) and that on its own was going to be yummy, but highly sticky, and not nearly sweet enough.

I found to my delight that if one scoops Picard's Peanut butter onto a spoon, then makes a little indent in the middle of the peanut butter, and then pours Fort Rose Maple Syrup in to said indent, one becomes very happy in the taste bud department.

I will attempt to be deeper tomorrow. Thanks for bearing with me. :-)

No comments: