Thursday, April 16, 2009

Well, I wasn't expecting that today

My dear father-in-law sent me a link today to someone he called "Wow-full". As you know, that word is likely always going to catch my attention.

Perhaps you have already seen this viral video, but if not, let me just set it up for you a bit.

First, I'm going to back up a bit and explain why it made me weep both times I watched it this morning. Yes, I said "weep". No, I wasn't exaggerating.

If you've been reading here for awhile you will have read this post which will remind you of how much I love this song and all it implies and says to me and about me.

If you've been reading here even longer, then you will have read this post and will know how I struggle with "going all out" and just doing that thing that seems impossible, or unlikely, or unexpected for me.

Thus ends the preamble: Actually, I'm not even going to say anything about this video now. Just watch it and go back and read my linked posts up there if you want to see what I was thinking watching this lady and why I cried like a girl the whole time. Thanks Dad :-)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

that was simply beautiful! People should never hide their God-given talent. I am glad she step out and shared it with the world.

Lindy said...

I saw this video yesterday for the first time... I was crying too. And so inspired by her courage, and so thrilled that someone who didn't
'fit the mold' could be applauded for incredible talent!

partyoffivetn said...

I saw this last week on facebook..and it has gone out again and again...I love it. Thanks for sharing it again...

halfpint said...

I thought it was a joke and she was lip-syncing. Boy, am I cynical! Thanks for sharing it Barb. I hadn't heard or seen it yet. L.