Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Heard At My House: Two for One Edition

two funny-ish things have been said within hours of each other and it is only 8am. I thought I would share them both.

First:

Setting: 1:59am really windy outside, the first snow of our year is falling accompanied by some sleet.

6 year old daughter, tiptoeing toward our bedroom: "Mommy, I'm scared of the wind. It is so windy it is making my hangers shake in the closet".

"No precious girl. That is the sleet hitting the window."


Second:

Setting: me, noticing the still folded and not-put-away laundry in my children's bedrooms, and knowing that in only a few hours I would be adding to that pile with still more laundry that was washed and dried yesterday.

"You may want to put that laundry away this morning because after breakfast the amount you have there is going to increase excrementally....I mean exponetially."

No comments: