Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wow-ful Women Wednesday

For Kate. And for me, as I am reminded of the process the Lord is taking me through. I am not who I was. I can be who He is making me. Each moment He is making me a new creature. I will not be like this forever. In a blink He can make me His wholly, completely, entirely. I will be found in Him.




Brooke Fraser singing Shadowfeet

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet
toward home, a land that I've never seen
I am changing, less and less asleep
made of different stuff than when I began.
And I have sensed it all along
fast approaching is the day


When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
when the sky rolls up and mountains fall on their knees
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you

There's distraction buzzing in my head
saying in the shadows it's easier to stay
but I've heard rumours of true reality
whispers of a well-lit way

You make all things new

When the world has fallen out from under me
I'll be found in you, still standing
Every fear and accusation under my feet
when time and space are through
I'll be found in you

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, I *heart* Brooke Fraser. I even want to learn to play the guitar, but I don't think I'm cool enough for all of that. I love/*heart* you as well, Barb. Thanks for thinking of me. Her cd has been pretty much non-stop on my ipod for the last few weeks. Shadowfeet and Faithful have been particularly stirring these days. Thank you for being such an encouraging and understanding friend. Hugs!

Kate said...

p.s. Me again. Just since you're a singer, you'll appreciate this: I love how she sings the "rumours" line. Talk about chills. Now I'll stop taking up space.

Jessica said...

That's a great song Barb! I hardly know a thing about Brooke Fraser but now I think I must try and learn more!
Not a fancy comment but with you writing the blog and Kate commenting.. I wanted to join in the fun!

Unknown said...

I didn't know who sang this - I heard it on the radio, came home and worked out the chords on the piano! I love it... love it... and it speaks to where I'm at - "still standing". Missing you lots.