Friday, October 24, 2008

I am not useless!

Look look! My friend just had her first baby, and I was wanting to give her a beautiful pink something to celebrate with her. So I got all brave and went to Wal-Mart (which as you know has been very difficult for me in the past! If you don't know what I'm talking about, go read this...after you read today's post of course. It hasn't been moved over to my new blog here yet, so don't be alarmed that everything looks different when you follow the link.).

Anyhow, at Wal-Mart I found this entirely gorgeous fabric and made a blanket for the wee girl. This photo does not do the colour justice but trust me when I say that the pink is hot and the check is clean. Lovely to look at.

My sewing skills leave a bit to be desired in the accuracy department, but these blankets are easy to put together in very little time. It was really fun to do, and slowly but surely I am getting better. So if any of you would like to have a baby so I can practice making gifts, I would appreciate it!

No comments: